1. Hot Showers. Our boiler has been out for the past couple days (on it's way out since we got here) and so our showers have been a little chili (ice cold chili, to be exact). The boiler fixer guy came yesterday and today I had my first hot shower in three days!!! What a wonderful experience :)
2. House Cleaning Services. Yes, that's right, this apartment comes with house cleaning services. Once a week someone comes in and cleans our whole apartment, changes our sheet (I'm beside myself with joy) and our towels, takes out our garbage, and brings us more toilet paper. Saturday mornings will feel so empty without our weekly chores! I guess we'll have to spend more time sight seeing. What a treat!
I'm almost done with my first week on the job and I think I'm going to really love this experience. My colleagues have been very nice and welcoming. My leader seems great so far, and the project I will be working on seems very interesting. And did I mention that it's in London? Yeah, it's going to be a fun 8 months.
While I have been at work DJ has been exploring the city, finding reasonably inexpensive places for us to buy things here in the city.
30 pounds for all of this! If you've lived in London, you understand why this is blog-worthy. Now we can make chocolate chip cookies!


So lucky. I keep having to assure my wife that I'm willing to pay for weekly house-cleaning services after I graduate. She's tired of mopping kitchen floors!
ReplyDeleteOr go European and make your Kitchen floor 2 feet by 10 feet, one mop back and forth and you’re done.
DeleteDid you find that at Ikea?
ReplyDeleteWe found it at a store called ASDA, which is kind of like Walmart (in other words, cheap and you can find lots of things there). We discovered that they will deliver your groceries to your door for 3 pounds, totally worth it when you consider how much you save by shopping there. I think this will be our new grocery routine: order on-line and wait for it to be dropped of at our door. Love it!
Delete